Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mi Valentina – 8 weeks

I am taking a page out of my blog buddy's - The Chronicles of Violetta Margarita - book and writing about my baby as a weekly letter to her/him. Eventually I will compile all of these and make a journal, which I will one day give to my baby. The title will always be the same, in case you want to read along or in case you don't. I remember how hard it was to read these updates before I was pregnant. Some days you just can't bear to do it. I hope all of you struggling to bring home your baby are blessed very soon - I continue to pray for you everyday. Without further ado...


Mi Valentina,

Today I am 8 weeks (and 1 day) pregnant with you sweetheart. You are measuring on track at 1.65 cm, or .65 inches, and roughly the size of a raspberry. Your heart rate is a perfect 161 bpm. I never thought I could feel a love this deep before. You light up my life even though I just met you a few short months ago as a teeny tiny embryo. It was 6 days after Valentine's Day. Which is why I will always call you mi valentina. I was suppose to first meet you on Valentine's Day, but my body wasn't quite ready then. You will come to find out that your mommy is late for everything. Funny enough, I wasn't late for our first date together. I couldn't wait. One day I will tell you all about that magical day.

I went to the doctor to see you yesterday. Your dad and I cry every time we see you on that screen. He thinks you look rather manly. I disagree and say you look dainty. Only time will tell who is right, which we learned yesterday will be June 7.

Even though I am only telling you about our visits now, I have actually seen you every week for the past three weeks and it never seems like enough time. Fortunately, our doctor will let me come in every other week to check on you. This is a huge relief to your mommy, who worries all the time.

The past couple of weeks you have made your momma a very sick woman. In fact, I feel sick all day long not just in the morning. The only thing that helps is eating every 1-2 hours. You must have quite the appetite, like your daddy. Speaking of food, I am craving some rather strange things ... like lemons and pickles. And often times I like them one after the other. Things I don't want to eat are chocolate, ranch dressing and pork. I usually like these things, but right now the smell and taste make my stomach turn. Your daddy is so sweet, he makes me dinner every night and allows me to take a nap. All that growing you are doing is wearing me out.

Other than that I have only had a few other symptoms/reminders that you are in there - my growing boobs which will one day (hopefully) feed you, an occasional headache, and a lot of running to the bathroom to pee. Nothing is really that hard to handle though, because it reminds me that you are in there growing and growing.

We have a big weekend planned. We plan on telling your Uncle & Aunt about you. Only our very immediate family knows about you. I kind of like that you are just our little secret for now. In a month or so we will start to tell the rest of our friends.

We also have plans to go out on the boat with your grandmother and grandfather - on your daddy's side. I can't wait till you get to meet them. They are two of the most beautiful, caring people I have ever met. Your daddy inherited those traits as well and I so hope you do too.

I get to see you again next week on April 5th. It will be my last visit for the RE - the doctor who made you possible. From then on we will go to an OB, who we have already seen a couple of times. She is monitoring you very closely. Like mommy, she wants to make sure you are okay. Yesterday she talked to you, even though you can't quite hear her yet. She said you will know your Aunt Karrie's voice when you arrive because she will talk to you so often. I love her so much and I am sure you will too.

Until next week my love...


7 comments:

  1. aww, what a sweet post!! I love this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so very sweet. Your little one is going to be so loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I think Violetta and Valentina should get together for play dates. And I am totally craving all things lemon and lime. Can't get enough lemonade and lime popsicles. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy things are going well!! I am sorry you aren't feeling well. Recently a friend told me (who had nausea/vomitiing terribly until week 20) that lemonade helped calm hers down. I have yet to try it, but it's worth a try!
    Frozen grapes have helped me too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. have i already said a million times how happy i am for you if i havent i am saying it again. i have a special place in my heart for you. one because we we are in the tubeless sisterhood and 2 because you are one of those people who maintained an incredible amount of positivity and joy for others even when your own prgress was slow. i just love this for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww *tears* How beautiful! I'm so happy things are going well. It's awesome to see your story of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this post made my day!!! Been thinking about you even though I've been MIA. Jumping for joy over here that things are progressing and your little Valentina (sweet name!) is doing well. Looking forward to reading more of your good news.

    ReplyDelete